SEAWA’s Kids Page – LEARN
- Trout Unlimited Canada’s Yellow Fish Road™ Program is a national conservation education initiative. Since 1991, thousands of Canadians have become leaders in their community by raising awareness about pollution entering local waterbodies through stormdrains. You can learn how to protect your local watershed and make a difference in your community’s water quality with this fun environmental action project!
- Although kids don’t work at large companies or the government, they can still make a huge impact simply by starting at home and changing the way their families, friends and classmates use water. To get an idea of how much water we could all save if we all made a small effort.
- This webpage acts as a portal to other fun and educational websites for kinds to learn and explore the inner workings of a watershed.
- One Simple Act is a Government of Alberta public information and education program that supports and inspires Albertans to lead more environmentally friendly lifestyles. One Simple Act helps Albertans save energy, reduce waste and conserve water
- Alberta Council for Environmental Education Resources
- Water Conservation starts with you. So go have some fun and learn so tips on the new tank!
- Why should you care about watersheds? Protecting our watersheds is more important than ever. Fresh water and healthy soils are limited and as our world population grows we all need to do more to preserve and improve the land, air and water.
- The Alberta Lake Management Society provides several fact sheets pertaining to nuisances, water quality parameters, and management resources.
- In this episode, Haley explains the main threats to the deep sea, with the largest problem now being ocean trawling. Hopefully, this sheds a bit of light to a problem that seems not well understood by much of the public.
- Water, who needs it? This colorful video helps children understand the importance of water in their lives and demonstrates ways they can conserve and protect this vital resource. Children also learn why clean water is important for the growth of healthy plants.
- Raindrop is a cartoon series for kids about water, planet and environment. Educational and funny cartoons for kids and children k-12. Animation videos on line for kids entertainment. This is an adventure cartoon about a drop of water and their friends that help children to understand about nature, states of water, the formation of weather and meteorological events.
- Brad Lancaster demonstrates the definition of a watershed by making hills in the sand. Produced by Jill Cloutier and Carol Hirashima for Sustainable World Media and the Creative Commons.
- This is a Animated piece by VFX Direct hired by ASI Communications. The USDA needed an animated video to explain how Watersheds work in the United States and how they impact us on many levels. VFX Direct Partnered with ASI to help them fill need for their USDA client.
- A Creeek Wise education video regarding urban runoff. Santa Clara Valley Water District uses a real live model to help demonstrate how and why chemicals get into our creeks and streams.
- This web based document helps educate kids on the importance of correct battery disposal. It provides a “start at home” used battery scavenger hunt list, with a set of instructions on how to correctly dispose of used batteries.
- This is the National Park Service’s site for kids of all ages. If you love our National Parks, Monuments and Historic Sites, this site is for you. If you are new to our National Parks, we hope this site helps you experience how wonderful they can be.
- Do you want to experience nature? Come discover the wild side of Lethbridge! Open year-round, the Nature Centre is a unique urban escape within minutes of downtown.
- Want to learn about riparian areas, their management or more about Cows and Fish? Once people become aware of riparian processes and issues, they need tools – options and alternatives to current management practices and a way to implement changes, both as individuals and communities. Here are some of those tools.