SEAWA State of the Watershed Report
Overview of the South Saskatchewan River Basin
- SEAWA Groundwater Report, 2011
- Groundwater Indicators
- Ground and Source Water Protection
- Groundwater Maps
- Historic Groundwater Levels
Surface Water Resources
- Water Hydrology, Flow and Quantity
- Water Quality Monitoring on the mainstem of the South Saskatchewan River
- Water Quality
- River Water Quality Index
- pH, turbidity, oxygen
- Phosphorus – total and dissolved
- Suspended Solids
- Bacteria: E. coli
- Regulatory Standards for Recreational Water
- Water Quality and Quantity Trends on the South Saskatchewan River
- Historical discharge records and trends
- Master Agreement on Apportionment – Canada, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- River and Stream Inflow Needs
- Municipal Water Treatment, Wastewater and Stormwater
- Agriculture and Water
- Water Use and Supply
- Water Licensing, Allocation and Use
- Water Allocations and Use – definitions
- Dams and Diversions
- Floods and Dought
Agriculture and Irrigation
Sustainability and the Community
Next Steps for the Watershed
The information, pictures and data in the SEAWA State of the Watershed Report and the 2011 Summary Report was developed by a team of researchers. SEAWA acknowledges the following researchers for their contributions to SEAWA Watershed Reports, Watershed Profiles and Summaries:
- SEAWA Watershed Profiles: Researched by Maggie Romuld, M.Sc. Bio-Geography; SEAWA Watershed Project Coordinator.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2009-1: Geography of the SSRB. Researched by Lu Mueller, University of Victoria, Geography student.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2009-2: Land Use Planning and Water Licensing/Allocation in the SSRSB. Researched by Conor Ruzycki, Engineering student, University of Alberta.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2009-3: Microbial Water Quality in Surface Water of the SSRSB. Researched by Alexis Adams, Medicine Hat College student transferred to U of Alberta, Immunology.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2009-4: Assessment of Riparian and Wetland Habitat Status in the SSRSB (Draft). Researched by Keiko Yoshioka, Medicine Hat College student.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2009-5: Surface Water Quality in the SSRB. Researched by Cynthia Organ, Hyperion Research Ltd.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-6: The Potential for Sustainable Ecotourism on the South Saskatchewan River. Researched and compiled by Craigh Hyslop, University of Calgary. Contributors: Russell Krasnuik, Jo-Anne Reynolds, Rob Gardner, Erin Vossler and the Medicine Hat College Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership Program.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-7: The Impact of Agriculture on Water Quality in the SSRSB. Researched by Cathy Linowski, B.Sc., Medicine Hat College instructor.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-8: Lake Sturgeon “Nameo – Buffalo of the Water” in the South Saskatchewan River (Draft). Researched by Sharon Cranston, Reclamation Technician, Medicine Hat College student and Keith Wilson, Hyperion Research Ltd.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-9: Water Quantity in the SSRSB. Researched by Conor Ruzycki, Engineering student, University of Alberta.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-10: Information on Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care Products, Endocrine Disrupting Compounds and Phthalate Esters in Our Water. Researched by Morgan Basiuk, Medicine Hat College student, pre-Med.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-11: History and Archaeology. Researched by Dr Thomas Hulit, Redcliff.
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-12: South East Alberta Climate Change – Fact or Fiction? Dr. Dave Sauchyn, Prairie Adoption Research Collaborative, University of Regina. Researched by Catherine van der Sloot and Rachel Brown, McCoy High School, Medicine Hat students.
Land Use Reports
- SEAWA Watershed Report 2010-13: Plains Cottonwood Forests along the South Saskatchewan River (Draft). Researched by Cynthia Organ, Hyperion Research Ltd.